Friday, April 20, 2012

Global Blogging Challenge and C4K

James’ 1st Blog

This tells how 2 weeks with out your coffee, milk, or soda could provide clean water for a lifetime to someone in Africa

The first blog that I read by James was titled, Blood Water Mission. James teacher had given them a challenge to write on a global issue as well as one dealing with poverty. James wrote on the conditions of Africa’s drinking water. James informed his readers about the unsanitary conditions of Africa’s water. He talked about the thousands of adults and children that are affected by this. He went on to give information about a group called Blood Water Mission. This group takes donations to help lay pipes for water ways. The donations also go for other ways to help improve the water and dehydration of these people. I was very impressed by James blog he took a like of time in laying out and organizing his thoughts. James also made a wonderful power point on the issues in Africa.

My Comment
I gained a lot of information from your blog about the problems that Africa is facing with their water supplies. It is a problem that most people do not think about. Thank you for including the websites for me to visit as well that was really helpful. Do you want to go to Africa  when you get older to help build the waterways? Your power point was good. I would suggest on the powerpoint make each slide a little longer for viewing. I had a hard time reading all the information. Overall, the powerpoint was very eye appealing. I am actually attend the University of South Alabama and have a blog myself. I was wondering if I could post your powerpoint in a few weeks on my blog? If I post it it would allow my fellow classmates to also view it.

James’ 2nd Blog
This week students were given the assignment to add images to their blog. Students must then write where the image can from and why they chose it. James chose a picture from a site called Shutterstock. James recommended this site very highly for the use of finding images. The image that he chose was of USC football. James stated that he was highly inspired by football as a young child. He seemed to be inspired by the team effort that they put forth. He also felt that USC football reminded him to keep going.

My Comment
I really liked how you opened up your blog. I enjoyed the fact that you chose a photo that inspired you. I looked into the site shutterstock.com was very useful. I really liked the site and will use it in future blogging.

James’ 3rd Blog
For the third blog of James that I read I had to go back a little; however I found a interesting one. The blog was on James’ creating an avatar. James made his avatar resemble him exactly, he even stated it could be his twin. James felt that creating an avatar was a good idea. He also stated that he would enjoy making another avatar. James used Clay Yourself to create his avatar. I decided to create my own as well since James had so much fun with it.

My Comment
I am now going to have to go and make my own avatar. I liked how you really made your avatar look like you. I have noticed watching my husband and friends play Wii and XBox, that a lot of times with the use of avatars they will not resemble their owner. What do you think the benefits were to creating your avatar?

My avatar that I created to look like me.



Faaugia’s Post
    Faaugia is seven years old and lives in Auckland, New Zealand. She is in Year 3 at Pt England School. The webpage that the students have their blogs on was created so that friends, family, and the world could see their amazing work. Faaugia has many brothers and sisters and she also has a cat. She is a very bright girl. Some of Faaugia’s favorite things are pizza and the colors gold and purple. She enjoys singing and being with her friends.



My Comment
Hi Faaugia,
    My name is Constance Dixon and I live in Mobile, Al. I go to the University of School Alabama. I really enjoyed your video. I noticed that you have a lot of brothers and sisters. I am a only child and always wanted brothers and sisters. I really enjoyed learning about you. Being seven is so much fun. You get to do so much more. What is your favorite thing about being 7? Keep up the great work.

No comments:

Post a Comment