Saturday, March 3, 2012

C4K#1 Overview

    In this blog post I have visited young students blogs and commented on some of their work. I enjoyed this assignment very much. It has helped me to realize that most of these young students do not get many comments on their blogs. I was happy to be able to hopefully put a smile on their face by them knowing someone is actually reading their work.


20RNielsen's Blog Post
20RNielsen's blog post was talking about a game called Tanki and how much they enjoyed playing the game. He also mention that he was high ranked in the game as well. He did not go into much detail in to what the game was about except that you customize your tank and fight. So I did a little research on the game for myself. It seems that you actually customize war tanks and battle friends. You can also form teams in order to defeat enemies. I did not actually play the game but it looks like for some it could be very interesting to play. You can visit Tanki and start customizing your own tank; however 20RNielsen request you use his email, ultoguimaker@yahoo.comto use as a referred friend he gets point for the referral.


My Comment
20RNielsen,
   Tanki sounds like it could be a very fun game to play. Congratulations on becoming high ranked in the game. I was a little confused about about something you said. You stated that in your tank you, "fight invite friends". I was not sure if it was a error or if when you invite friends you try to fight them in the game. Just some friendly advice be careful with your sentence structure it can get a little confusing. I look forward to reading more post of yours.

Kye's Blog Post
The student that I was assigned was Kye. This blog site was created by the faculty at Galley Hill. Kye is in part of Years 1 and 2  They give the students different assignments to not only have their students get use to the idea of blogging but to create better writers. In this assignment the students were required to create a story about people having fun using only 5 sentences. I have included Kye's post of his "5 Sentence Challenge".
    "Winter is snowy and soggy. When they go out side they all ways go on the exhilarating sledge.     
     After a while they went to make a snow man. They went out to the market in the slippery snow.          
     Then they ran home to have tea."
My comment
Your sentences were very good. I liked the way you described winter as soggy. I live in Mobile, Alabama so if we see snow it barely covers the ground. Your sentences really make me want to visit somewhere with a lot of snow so that I can play in it. Remember you always know good writing if it captivates the audience and you have done a good job at that. 

Connor's Blog
     This site is for Mrs.T.G's 5th grade class. She refers to it as their share site. It is not only designed for students to blog but to also keep parents and others updated on events going on in the school and classroom. The site has videos and pictures of different assignments as well as projects that the students have been involved in. I was so impressed with this site it allows not only mom and dad to see what the kids are doing but other friends and family members as well. Mrs. T.G. even has an area for homework where students can see their daily homework assignments; which can be super helpful if you are sick.
     The student that I was assigned to name is Connor. In his blog he discusses the benefits of boys joining groups such as the Boy Scouts. He started by listing three reasons that it was a good choice to make they were the following: better community, it is fun, and learning safety in the wilderness. He then went into details about each of the reasons he listed. He was very enthusiastic about joining the Boy Scouts. He reveals at the end of his blog that he is actually in the Boy Scouts himself. 


My Comment
 Connor,
   I enjoyed reading your blog. I could tell that you are very proud to be a Boy Scout and that it is important to you. Most boys your age just want to discuss baseball and video games; however you found something that can benefit so many people to also be a part of. You should be very proud of yourself. My husband was actually in the Boy Scouts for a long time he made it all the way to being an Eagle Scout. He tells me stories all the time about his camping experiences. So I know the lessons you learn now you will carry with you and that is something very important. What level have you reached? Keep up the good work and you should make a blog about one of your camping trips that would be very interesting to read and to hear what all you learned.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Constance,

    You need to remember to have an image for every post and to include clickable links to the blogs you are discussing. Otherwise, I thought you did a nice job with this summary post.

    ReplyDelete